Monday, February 14, 2011

Amazing Love....

So today is Valentines Day... a day for LOVE.  It's a day when people all over the world will tell the person and people they love most how much they love them.  They will buy gifts.  They will buy cards.  They will buy chocolate.  They will buy flowers.  All in an effort to say those 3 words everyone always longs to hear....I LOVE YOU.  This morning my 8 year old came and pulled out a piece of paper he had written on at church last night and it said..."I love you mom.  Will you be my valentine?"  He pulled it out and said, "so?"  I, of course, said YES! I will be your valentine Taylor! Oh how I love that boy. :-)

So it got me to thinking...I have this day everyday with Someone who goes above and beyond just buying me chocolate...or stuffed animals....or flowers.  No, He gave me something much more precious than all of this.  He gave me His life.  WOW!!!  THAT is an amazing love.  And everyday I get a "card" I guess you could say because I have His written Word that He uses to speak to my heart and show me just how great and how wide and how deep His love is for me.  Everyday He lavishes His love on me in ways I don't even deserve.  His love is unfailing in every way.  His love reaches to the depths of my deepest hurts and darkest hours.  His love covers my sin.  His love is a love like no other.

Who is this Love?  His name is Jesus.  And He alone is the true lover of my soul.  No other love can compare.  It can't even come close.  I love my husband with all of my heart and he loves me.  But the love he has for me is nothing in comparison to the love Jesus has for me.  And He extends His arms of love to us each and every day, even those days when we don't extend our arms of love back to Him.  He loves us even when at times, we don't show Him our love in return.  THAT is love.  THAT is amazing love my friend. 

I hope you will come to know the most beautiful love of all today.  And I pray that as He pours His love on you, that you would, in return, pour your love back on Him. 

Happy Valentines Day! :-)

Keep loving...
~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment