Monday, October 1, 2012

Tackling Infertility Head On


As most of you know if you've read my book, I battled the pains of infertility for several years. Because of that, I have a deep place in my heart for women who are walking those darkened days.  Though the years God has brought women into my path who were in it and needed encouragement along the way.

Which brings me to today.

When I was going through it, I searched constantly for a source of encouragement. I wanted to connect with other women who were at the same place I was. I needed to hear from people who knew exactly how I was feeling and who could help pull me from my pit of despair.

I fully believe that when God allows us to walk through something, He not only sees our path to freedom, but He sees others along the way that He will bring across our paths so that we can offer support and encouragement to them on their journey.

And that's what I want to do.

I know several women in my current circle of friends who are battling this right now.  I bet you do, too.  I want to reach out and offer hope to the hopeless. I want to encourage the barren woman to sing in this midst of her despair. I want to see her look up and catch the gaze of her heavenly Father offering her hope in the darkness and joy in her mourning.

I'm going to start a short series here on the blog for just that purpose. I'm going to talk openly and detailed about what infertility is and how it affects a woman going through it in so many ways.  I hope to bring to light some mysteries and confusions people have with it, and hopefully to give you a source of encouragement that you can offer to someone going through it.

Here's what I need from you right now though...I want to hear from you.  All of you! If you are currently going through infertility, what are your battles? What are your fears? What do struggle with the most?  Let's get open and real with it. I want to address it all.

If you are the friend of someone going through infertility and find yourself not knowing how to help them or encourage them, what are your questions?

I hope to answer all that I can.  I may not have all the answers, but I know the One who does, and together, we will make it through this journey! :)

You can comment here on this post or you can privately message me at dailyendurance@yahoo.com
with your questions or anything you want to see addressed here on this blog about it.

There IS hope to be found in the despair.  There IS joy to be found in the mourning.

I'll be posting everything here on the blog, but it will link to my facebook and twitter accounts.  If you know someone who needs it, please send them my way.

For His glory,
Stacy



No comments:

Post a Comment