Monday, June 13, 2011

Your Great Name....Jesus

Have you heard this song by Natalie Grant?  Oh my, it is a humdinger.  But don't listen to it unless you can take a minute to stop and soak it in.  I'm going to post some of the lyrics to this song here, because they are just full of such power I want you to see them...

Lost are saved; find their way; at the sound of Your great name
All condemned; feel no shame, at the sound of Your great name
Every fear; has no place; at the sound of Your great name
The enemy; he has to leave; at the sound of Your great name
Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up; and all the world will praise Your great name

All the weak; find their strength; at the sound of Your great name
Hungry souls; receive grace; at the sound of Your great name
The fatherless; they find their rest; at the sound of Your great name
Sick are healed; and the dead are raised; at the sound of Your great name

Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man
You are high and lifted up; and all the world will praise Your great name
There is so much truth wrapped up in these words.  As I write this blog tonight I have this song on replay on the ipod.  I can't get enough of it.

I guess I am coming to a new revelation of the true POWER in His name.  Phillipians 2:9-11 says it all,
 9 Therefore, God elevated Him to the place of highest honor
      and gave Him the name above all other names,
 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
      in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father.


I have read that scripture a million times over the years.  Knew what it said, knew it was truth.  But tonight...well, tonight it has come alive. 

Now go back and read the words of that song again.  What is it in your life that needs to bow before the name of Jesus?  Do you struggle with fear?  It bows before the name of Jesus.  Anger?  It bows before the name of Jesus.  There is no struggle, no issue, nothing, that can stand against the mighty name of Jesus.  None of these things have to control us.  I don't know about  you, but that gives me great hope. 

The more I have thought about this, I have come to the realization of something in my own life.  How much time I have wasted and allowed the enemy to use against me because I have not taken my struggles, my weakness, my issues, and acknowledged that they are powerless against the name of Jesus.  How often do we walk around in defeated mode because we don't think we can really overcome something.  It seems to powerful.  It seems to have too great a hold on our lives.  I have news for you and me...there is nothing we deal with that has more power than the name and person of Jesus Christ.  We can find victory in every battle with His name.

There is great freedom in that for me--when we realize that we aren't fighting these battles alone.  If we are a Christ follower and He lives within us, then we have a power living within us that is greater than anything in this world we may face.  God has given us weapons to use in our battles against the enemy, but the greatest weapon that we as Christians have is one word...JESUS. 

That name makes people uncomfortable.  They can say "God", but not "Jesus".  Why?  Because something happens when we speak His name.  It stirs.  It creates.  It is power.  And to think it is used in such a vain way.  The most precious name in all the world.

I urge you to take a moment.  Get quiet and still. And just begin to say His name.  And as you say His name, remember the power in that name.  Remember every struggle you are facing.  And as you say that name above all names, allow His presence to meet you right where you are, in the midst of every battle, and remember that those enemies are nothing against the power of His great name.  If you don't know Him personally, call on His name as your salvation.  The lost find their way through His great name.

He is so many things.  Redeemer. Healer.  Defender.  Saviour.  King.    He is Jesus. 

~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment