Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Taylor....

So Taylor turns 9 years old tomorrow.  My baby is growing up.  He came in earlier before he went to bed and asked me to come and read his bible with him.  I got into his room and he had it open to Psalms 40.  So he began reading it out loud to me....

 "I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair,out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord."

That child has no idea what he was just proclaiming over his life.  If you know us and know our story, you may not know all the things we have battled with Taylor.  I won't go into detail here, but it has been some tough and intense battles the last few years.  Even the last few months we have been walking through some battles with him.  I believe God has given me some promises concerning my children and tonight just confirmed everything God has been speaking.

I have this verse framed and hanging over Taylor's bed....“And Taylor shall be a disciple taught by the Lord and obedient to His will; and great will be his peace and undisturbed composure.”   Isaiah 54:13
I have been speaking this verse over him daily for the last 2 months.  So tonight, to hear him proclaiming the scripture that HE chose, well, there are no words to describe what is going through my heart.  To see God's hand working and moving in the lives of your children is amazing.

We got Taylor when he was just 19 months old.  I missed the first days and months of his life.  But God has been restoring to me all that I missed during that time.  Tonight was one of the most special moments I have ever shared with him as his mother.  If you know Taylor, you will know that he is known for his contagious smile.  In fact, many people call him "Smiley" instead of Taylor.  He always has a smile on his face and it will brighten the worst of days for anybody that sees it.  I know God gave my child that amazing smile and He gave it to him for a purpose.  He has plans for Taylor that I can't even imagine.  I am just blessed and honored to be given the priviledge to be called his mom.

God is amazing if you haven't realized that yet.  He works miracles.  He brings life.  He brings healing.  He brings restoration.  He brings deliverance.  He simply IS.  And He is more than enough.

Keep believing....
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment